DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:31:18 -0600
From:
Ed van Ouwerkerk <[log in to unmask]>
To: Jordan Shockley <[log in to unmask]>
Joe,

What you are looking for currently cannot be done with I-FARM. I-FARM
has the SSURGO soil database included (currently for 42 states,
including KY) that gives soil and location specific representative
crop yields. There is no crop growth model in I-FARM. For crop growth
simulation you could look at DDSAT, EPIC or WEPP. Nevertheless we
have machinery and (organic) fertilizer data in I-FARM that you could
use in your whole farm model. We also have completed including
100-year simulated weather data for all US weather stations,
generated by CLIGEN, that's available through WEPP. You'll find all
I-FARM data on-line in the 'internal data' section.

Ed van Ouwerkerk
http://i-farmtools.org

--
Eduard van Ouwerkerk
Dept of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering