DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2010 18:07:00 +0300
8bit
From:
"Sommer, Rolf (ICARDA)" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Sridhar Gummadi <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Sridhar,

thanks also to you for the fast reply!

However, I am not sure, whether your assumption is correct that the
MT-CLIM software needs tweaking in the sourcecode to produce reliable
estimates.
If I am not mistaken, the beauty of this model lies in its quite
"universal" approach.
Rosalind et al. (2004 Agron. J. 96:391-397) for instance state: "The
more complicated approach of the Bristow-Campbell model used in the TR
model was successful in eliminating the need for site-specific
calibration of coefficients, as required by other forms of the
Bristow-Campbell model."

Have you used the MT-CLIM software yourself?

Regards,
Rolf

http://www.ntsg.umt.edu/models/bgc/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=1
> > 8&Itemid=32) to estimate solar radiation and humidity from daily
Tmax,
> > Tmin and precipitation. (This is based on the improved
Bristow-Campbell
> > model invented by Thornton and Running in 1999.)
> >
> > However, I am getting somewhat confused by the magnitude of the
results
> > produced:
> >
> > MT-CLIM predicted solar radiation in summer often exceeds 500
Watt/m2