DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Alex Moreno S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 22:11:37 -0700
Dear list members,

I have been using CERES-Wheat to simulate yield components of cultivar Newton in Kansas, USA. Simulated Kernels per area and grain yield are satisfactory, but while there is a clear variation in observed kernel weight simulated kernel weight is a constant value (a horizontal line in the Simulated vs Observed figure). Has anyone else seen this response?

For the simulations I have used the genetic coefficients found in Tsuji, Jones & Balas (eds.). 1994. DSSAT version 3, Vol. 2. Univ. Hawaii, and also included in file Whcer940.cul:

P1V:  6.0
P1D: 2.5
P5:    3.5
G1:   3.4
G2:   2.6
G3:   1.4
PHINT: 95.00

Has anyone else used/tested these coefficients for Newton? Has anyone else determined a “revised” set of coefficients?

Thanks for your time and comments.

Regards,

Alex

Alex Moreno Sotomayor