DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 10:24:03 +0200
8bit
From:
Matthias Langensiepen <[log in to unmask]>
Hello Alex,

genetic coefficients are site and sometimes even season-specific.
I would therefore strongly recommend to calibrate CERES-Wheat
with your local data. They have to be derived under known
none-stress conditions. The procedures are described in the
manual.

Good luck,
Matthias Langensiepen

On 8 May 2003 at 22:11, Alex Moreno S. wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I have been using CERES-Wheat to simulate yield components of cultivar Newton in Kansas, USA. Simulated Kernels per area and grain yield are satisfactory, but while there is a clear variation in observed kernel weight simulated kernel weight is a constant value (a horizontal line in the
Simulated vs Observed figure). Has anyone else seen this response?