From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2023 10:13:20 -0500
I've seen all three species of Atlantic  Crepidula on any hard
substrate they can find, shells, rocks, plastic buckets etc.   and
also on  horseshoe crabs, which they can be quite numerous upon and
get quite large- presumably the movement and feeding activity of the
crab may offer some kind of metabolic advantage...... Crepidula plana
is the only species I have noticed inside the aperture of dead shells
of every size.