Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:11:13 +0100
From:
SHELLS PASSION <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
Bonjour à tous  ,
About Albinistic Specimens  :
On the WRS registry we introduced some records in Albinistic
Specimens  .
Albinistic specimens exist in the nature but it is rare and a lot of
are boiled , faked , gasoiled , sun and so on .....
Somebody wrote that with a part of Periostracum it will be more
secure  but in fact  some
Philippines Doctors glued a part of Periostracum  so take care in all
the cases .

For the fun  , somebody called me several years ago and said to me .
Do you want  To buy the only know specimen in the world for a pure
white Cyp Talpa  Linné 1758
I said of course  but when he ask me 15 000 $  I was not so optimist  .
In my mind I think it is nearly impossible to have a white Talpa .
So I take a very clear specimen  , I put  some acid and immediately
some water , again and again and
  at the end after a good polish action you will have a perfect white
Talpa with black base . An amazing Shell after 30 minutes
for nothing  ( A few HCL )
15 000 $ with a good negociation  at 12 000 $ seems to be  very good
business for only 30 minutes of work .

Seriously now you can , sometimes , see under UV lights some rest of
Polish matter  who stay in the lines of the shells
so it will be a very good information  before buying an Albinistic
Specimen  .

In all the cases you have to take care  .

All the best
PHILIPPE
http://www.shellspassion.com
http://www.wrs-shells.com