Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2021 06:32:55 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Scott Robichaud <[log in to unmask]>
Sorry to stir the pot with a whole bunch of excitement, but that Wentletrap in question turned out to be Epitonium rupicola. A colleague of mine had originally  identified the specimen as novangliae and called me to alert me of the news. I knew that the common name of that shell was the New England wentletrap but I had never heard of anyone finding one in New England and that’s why I made the post. It was not Until I received opinions from Harry Lee and Steve Rosenthal that I finally received some photos of the actual shell. Needless to say I was sorely disappointed as were others.
So here it is after 70 years after describing the shell, the New England Wentletrap is not found in New England.
Scott Robichaud

Sent from my iPhone
http://listserv.uga.edu/scripts/wa-UGA.exe?SUBED1=conch-l-L&A=1