AGED-L Archives

Ag Ed Discussion Group

AGED-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Sender:
Ag Ed Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:13:27 -0400
8bit
From:
David Turner <[log in to unmask]>
From: Michael Stalvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Subject: Live Animal Question

  I am in need of some answers and I hope someone out there can help me.

I am teaching a small animal care class this year and a Vet Science
class next year.  I have been told I cannot have live animals
(hamsters, snakes, guinea pigs, etc) for this program because of
liability issues.  The Assistant Superintendent has stated that the
GSBA does not support the use of live animals in any teaching
situation.

I know there are programs using live animals.  Are there any using
common pets (dogs, cats, hamsters, snakes, etc)?  If so, is there a
liability release form you use?

I would appreciate any help you could give me at this point.

Michael

Michael Stalvey
Agriculture Education Teacher/FFA Advisor
Golden Isles Career Academy
4404 Glynco Parkway
Brunswick, GA. 31523
912-280-4000 Ext. 4311