AGED-L Archives

Ag Ed Discussion Group

AGED-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Sender:
Ag Ed Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:07:56 -0500
8bit
From:
Teri Hamlin <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: "STACY A. BYRD" <[log in to unmask]>, Shannon Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>, Joshua Rogers <[log in to unmask]>, ‎‎PJ Work‎‎ <[log in to unmask]>, Michelle Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
White House Organic Farm Project!
Deadline: March 1, 2009
The White House Organic Farm project has a simple request for President Obama:
"Plant an organic farm on the White House Lawn!"
Call to students:
We are encouraging youth of all ages to mail in letters & pictures
that describe:
• Why is an organic farm on the White House Lawn important?
• What foods could be grown?
• Who would harvest and eat the food?
• And anything else that you think would be important for President
Obama to consider!
Who: Youth of all ages!
Remember to include: Name, age, city, school name, and contact
information (on the
back)
When: All projects due by March 1, 2009.
We'll display all the letters and pictures at the Georgia Organics
Conference and Trade
Show on March 20-21, and then send them directly to Washington D.C.
Where to mail or drop off letters & pictures:
The WhoFarm Letters & Pictures Project
c/o Erin Croom
Georgia Organics, Inc.
P.O. Box 8924
Atlanta, GA 31106
For more information about the WhoFarm project, go to www.whofarm.org. For more
information about submission, contact [log in to unmask] or call
678 702 0400.

--
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education