From:
Scott Robichaud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2022 08:31:29 -0500
I was in the Philippines about 15 years ago and I bought four cone shells From one of the many locals camped out on the lawn in front of our hotel rooms selling seashells. We were on Mactan island in Cebu. The shells are light purple, thin and long at 50-55mm. They have the same shape, size, and texture as Conus laterculatus, except they are all light purple with no mottlings. I can’t seem to find this shell in any of my literature. Does this sound familiar to anyone. If these were painted using an airbrush method, someone really did a really stellar job. Is anyone out there familiar with this little purple cone?
Scott

Sent from my iPhone
http://listserv.uga.edu/scripts/wa-UGA.exe?SUBED1=conch-l-L&A=1