From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2021 14:18:15 -0500
I'll share some unsolicited thoughts that I imagine the COA leadership
has considered- things that COULD be done to increase the probability
of a successful COA  (even though a 'new' successfull won't look like
the old successful) for Sue and everyone else with an interest in
attending  if it DOES take place

-I realize the June   date is probably linked to contractual agreement
with hotel, but moving date back even a couple of months into the
summer would give time for more people to get vaccinated and greater
clarity on the overall prevalence of COVID infections etc as more
people get vaccinated, a lot more will  become "clear" by  August  (vs
June).

-consider limiting  registration to those who will be able to document
that they have been fully vaccinated (two weeks past the last dose of
Pfizer or  Moderna vaccine  as of convention start; not sure when J &J
is fully effective)

- consider restricting  (or eliminating)  "walk in" attendance for the
bourse or other convention events -  restricted solely for people who
meet the above criteria, ie "walk-ins" need to document completed
vaccnations.... , or just limit everything to registered attendees
only who have shown proof of vaccination

-DON'T rely on  temperature screenings;  I've seen data that say the
majority of people with active COVID infection are not febrile,
especially in the initial phase of infection.  There can be false
negatives.

This is above and beyond whatever the hotel might say

And pending CDC guidance on what vaccinated people should and
should'nt do.  which is just that- guidance.

I'm sure there is plenty more others have thought or talked about, but
this is the kind of thing that should  be addressed.

I'm sure others have ideas or thoughts.

Steve
-