From:
worldwide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2021 15:45:46 -0500
Hi all,

I know this is off topic but our friend Emilio Garcia has had his
email account hijacked.  Please be careful.

It seems to be one of the "contact me, I need a favor" scams.

The email asks if you can do them a favor.  Once you reply back to
the person and ask how you can help them, they reply back saying how
ill they are and ask if you can purchase a gift card for their niece.
They will pay you back as soon as possible.

This is what I received from Emilio's email.  I'm concerned because
the email also had Emilio's street address.  His email account seems
to have been severely hacked.

If anyone has phone contact with Emilio, please let him know his
email has been compromised.

Thanks.
Rich G.

http://listserv.uga.edu/scripts/wa-UGA.exe?SUBED1=conch-l-L&A=1