From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 22:01:29 -0700
Hi!
        My name is Dan Yoshimoto and I just subscribed to Conch-L a few
days ago, after getting on the Internet.  I am a rather new resident of
Eureka, California and shelling here in Northern California is rather bleak
after living for 57 years in Southern California.  There is no shell club
here, although I'm trying to find a few shellers in the area.  So far I've
amassed a group of 4.
Presently I am trying to organize the shell collection at College of the
Redwoods, which was donated by Robert Talmadge in the 1970's.  It has not
been used for years and is in rather poor shape.  It will be useful to the
students in a few years.
        Being retired I find that I have time for many interesting
activities related to shells.  I give talks, along with my wife Hiromi, in
the local elementary, Jr. Hi and high schools.  We belong to a volunteer
group called Nature Discovery Volunteers which has been in existance for
about 20 years. We are presently members of C.O.A., Pacific Shell Club,
Conchological Club of Southern California and the Oregon shell Club.  As
you can see we have become quite involved in our 6 years of being new
collectors.  I guess that's what happens when the "bug bites".
        In the last 5-6 days of being on Conch-L I cannot get away from the
Internet.  It really does bite.  Wishing all my new Conch-Lers good luck
with their connections, especially Melissa Hamilton who is also new.
        Dan Yoshimoto