From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 17:22:46 -0500
Ehh. We're all missing the mark here, Sewage is a great source of both
nitrites and methane. Nitrites can easily be used for agriculture
fertilizer, methane can be used to power just about anything. By heating
the sewage slightly the waste can yield quite a bit of this explosive gas.
I couldn't be the only person to notice that flatulence can be ignited and
burns clean. We have more then enough raw materials already in our hands so
why cut more trees for paper when we throw so much into the dumpster. Did
you know that in Japan used tires are melted and formed into elongated
cubes then place end to end to form roadways. One of the oldest but most
renewable resources in by far steel. Not much ends up being dumped as it
goes from being a fender on your new car to a can to a manhole cover . so
why can't industrial American get off their can and start programs to
reclaim just about all of our wastes. As it is there are limited types of
plastics recycled, usually the most profitable type by the way. Well I
better get down off the soap box as my over packaged frozen pizza is just
about to come out of the microwave. MJB {}