From:
Ezequiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2007 14:50:38 +0200
Hi all!

  I have read Franco Fabbro interesting work about how snails may have been
used in liturgy during the early christian period. I tried to contact
Mr. Fabbro but his mail
address doesn't work.

See: http:www.freedomdomain.com/religion/fabbro.htm

At the moment I am studing a collection of mollusks found in
an Early Christian basilica in Northern Greece. Among the land snails
the most numerous are helix sp. 52%. Most of the shells were found in
a room inside the
basilica which has been interpreted as being a workshop.

Does anyone think it is plausible to say that these snails could have been used
in liturgy? Has anyone of you come upon this subject or have any ideas?
I'm just wondering if the idea is not too far fetched.

 Best regards,

Ezequiel M. Pinto-Guillaume