From:
Umit Kebapçı <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:16:35 +0300
Abot \'cuda issue:
Is it a probability that divers could be associated with potential and soft
food?

About sharks: I have read that at least 5 species of shark is warm blooded,
that is able fix the body temperature no matter the outside is like, and this
may include the bull sharks. The only species i remember of the five is big
white, which i know as the only one to jump out.

I see there is no makos around in abundance there, but they pose a great
threat even when you see a dead one. Anyway, much of these is in our brains.
Some the reef sharks search for bottom creatures, like crustaceand or squids,
even not fish.

Ümit KEBAPÇI

Alıntı yapılıyor Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>:

> Considering the number of bull sharks there are, and the number of
> people in
> the water with them, they can\'t all be that aggressive.
>
> Most of the sharks I have seen have been in the Bahamas, and most of
> those
> have been Caribbean reef sharks, which are not an especially aggressive
> species. That being said, it is important to remember that we are
> dealing
> with large predators. I show them all a healthy respect, even the nurse
> sharks I\'ve seen in the keys. I figure I\'m in their home and it is only
> proper to have some manners.
>
> Reef sharks and bull sharks are rather tricky to tell apart. The easiest
> way
> is to compare the position of that dorsal fin. It is set far more
> forward on
> the body on a bull than on a reef shark. Reef sharks have a more
> elegant
> look. And nuances like that can be lost in the thrill of the moment when
> you
> are in the water with a shark. I\'ve had them swim above me and get so
> excited that I don\'t even notice if they are male or female, which is a
> heck
> of an easier distinction to make than bull or reef.
>
> I\'ve never been in a situation where a shark was showing aggressive
> behavior
> or even odd behavior. I\'d certainly get the heck out of the water if
> one
> did. I have been so unnerved by barracuda that I\'d gotten out of the
> water,
> and it wasn\'t even a big one, just a 3 footer. It glommed on to me and
> wouldn\'t go away, no matter what I did. And it stared at me with those
> big
> fishy eyes and there were all those razor-sharp teeth and I could not
> stand
> it.
>
> But I wouldn\'t even count that behavior as aggressive. Just a \'cuda
> doing
> that a \'cuda does.
>
> It\'s their ocean, after all...

Ümit Kebapçı