Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:00:36 -0700
Hello!

Hi,

Kurt Auffenberg wrote:
cut...
> 2:  To my knowledge there are no fossil records for Ligs in Florida.  >This
> is perplexing.  Florida is not "too young".

Well, not Florida (land), but the arrival of the Liguus may be young,
from wherever (Cuba seems the going consensus).

cut...
>Could it be that the paleo-Indians brought these
> from Cuba as a food source?  Could be.

I dunno, I will not mention names, but they do not taste very good (even
with garlic & seasonings)and left tingling sensation in mouth. I
guarantee that fire ants will not eat them. I placed two that had
spirals (meat) left in them on an fire ant nest and they did not eat
them. Maybe they were veggie ants.
cut...

paste..
> You going to Orlando?

 Probably, this Saturday.

To Paleo? I have the sched at home when is it? I dunno, maybe. Jorge,
"the young", just got his acceptance letter to UF (engineering) so I
will be a local pest for many trips during the next years. Maybe I can
swing "Preview" together with Paleofest. Gotta look at schedules.

cut...

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

"May the Power be with you"
         - Marlo, 1998 (on one of his good days!)