From:
GARY FREDRICKSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:59:53 -0700
In describing forms of Oliva incrassata Zeigler listed the gold form burchorum and the white form nivea. He also listed an unnamed all black or presumably dark brown form. I once asked Dr.Abott if he had ever seen the dark form. He hadn't. Has anyone here ever seen this form or know where it's pictured? It's not like me to go looking for more forms in Oliva but this one is tantalizing. And as an aside, anyone know where I mighht obtain the elusive albino or all white form of Oliva sayana? Rices Prices lists it fairly inexpensively but try to find one. Thanks.
Gary