From:
Nancy Galdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:42:18 -0500
Dear CONCH-L subscribers,

Mary Bukstell told me there have been a few requests on CONCH-L to find out
who won the awards and trophies at our show.  I am happy to provide this
information to you all.  We had a wonderful show this year and hope to see
you next year at the 2010 show.

Best regards,
Nancy Galdo
2009 & 2010 Shell Show Chairperson

2009 Broward Shell Show Awards

American Museum of Natural History Award
FL/Caribbean – self collected - Robert Masino – “Natural Wonders of the
Caribbean”

COA Award – One Family Minor - Harry Berryman – “Family Mitridae”

Dupont Award – One Region – self collected - Gene Everson – “Shells of
Madang Province, Papua New Guinea”

Best Florida/Caribbean Exhibit – Linda Shockley – “Gastropods from the Marco
Island Locale”

Founder’s Award (Broward Club Award) – Peggy Williams – “Self Collected
Shells of the Caribbean Province”

Neil Hepler Memorial Trophy for Educational Excellence – Robert and Alice
Pace – “Apple Snails of Florida”

Betty Hamann Award – Best Fossil Exhibit – Norman Terry – “Fossil Fauna of
Fort Drum”

Len Hill Award – Most Beautiful Exhibit – Robert Masino - “Natural Wonders
of the Caribbean”

Best of the Best – Gene Everson – “129 Murex”

Shell of the Show – self collected – Bill Tripp – Conus spurius atlanticus
form aureofasciatus

Shell of the Show – any manner – Robert Masino – Pterynotus guesti

Best Student Entry – Jonathan Galka – “Collectable Cephalopods of the World”

Best Sea Life – Robert & Alice Pace – “Sea Life of Florida Waters”