From:
Richard Petit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2011 09:28:01 -0500
I no longer respond on-line to inquiries of this type but do respond
off-line if I think I can really be of assistance to someone.  In this
instance it appears that none of those involved realize that the major work
by Liscke consists of three volumes, not one.  Most major museums have
on-line library catalogues where this data may be found.

The Haliotis in question appears in Volume 2 of Lischke and is figured.
Volume 2 may be found on Google by typing in the name of the work.
Unfortunately, as with many Google books, the plates are not included.  The
Google item may have been scanned from  a set in which the plates were bound
as a separate volume but I did not pursue that.

Also, please be aware that although Google is a great tool, sometimes a work
is not what it appears to be.  They have a number of collections of papers
that appear only under the name of the first paper in the volume. Also, many
works are incomplete and/or are composites.

I hope this will help those involved to get a better picture of what
Lischke's rare work really is.

dick p.