Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2011 21:22:38 -0600
I think you are right - I see Cypraecassis rufa (LINNE') in my Japanese
language book.

Yes Kwaj is Kwajalein Island and Atoll. / Marshall Islands / Micronesia
/ Pacific.

Yes we collected a number of them there.  Many Gulf coast, central -
mostly west side
and the oil patches in the middle east as well as others.

Marshall Islands (group that has Kwajalein within) was owned and
controlled / populated
by Germans and after wards the Japanese (who salted many species for
food and goods)
and then the Trust Territory of the Pacific (United Nations) and was
under protection of the
U.S.A. and SEATO countries and now independent countries.

So shells came in bilges as eggs and young - pumping in and out in
various ports.
The Western central Panama was where intake of water to cause the ships
to sit deeper.
They pumped out their bilges on the Eastern side to become high riders
for he locks.

One of my prized shells is from the Red Sea.  It is rare there but I
found one on Kwaj.

Kwaj was / is - the center Pacific refueling station for ships.

I lived there for a few years, my parents for a dozen or so.

Martin