From:
Carlos Afonso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 07:04:43 -0800
Dear
Friends,

I am
updating a list of mollusc species and while I was verifying all valid names I stumbled
across two regarding their updated identity. I checked the World register of
marine species (WoRMS) and the Taxonomic Database on European Marine Mollusca
(CLEMAM) on-line databases, which share linked information, and noticed that they
do not match (or am I missing something!)  for the 2 species bellow:

Mesalia brevialis (Lamarck, 1822)
according to CLEMAM, considered a
synonym of Mesalia varia;
accepted as
a valid species in WoRMS.

Tapes rhomboides (Pennant, 1777)
accepted as valid in
CLEMAM data base;
considered a
synonym of Polititapes virgineus, according
to WoRMS.

Any help on
the updated identity of these 2 species would be much appreciated.
Best
regards,
Carlos
Afonso