From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2012 05:32:07 -0500
Hi Eddy et al, I think (my memory is bad too) that you heard about it from me?

Journal of Biogeography (J. Biogeogr.) (2011) 38, 1016–1032
Claremont et al,

here is most of the abstract

ABSTRACT
Aim We use the Stramonita haemastoma species complex (Muricidae) to
investigate the geographic scale of speciation in a marine snail with a long
pelagic larval duration (PLD) of 2–3 months and, consequently, high dispersal
potential. We aim to: (1) delimit species within Stramonita, (2) discover the
phylogenetic relationship among them, (3) map their distributions, and (4) infer
the age and likely cause of speciation events.
Location Tropical intertidal of the Atlantic and eastern Pacific Oceans.
Methods We use one nuclear and two mitochondrial genes to construct a
molecular phylogeny of the S. haemastoma species complex. We first test the
monophyly of the genus and of the species complex, and then use statistical
methods to delimit species within the complex. We incorporate information from
museum collections and the literature to map distributions and to look for
diagnostic morphological traits. We use fossils to date our phylogeny.
Results The genus Stramonita is monophyletic and restricted to the tropical and
warm-temperate Atlantic and eastern Pacific oceans. The genus is composed
of Stramonita delessertiana and six members of the S. haemastoma complex:
S. haemastoma, Stramonita rustica, Stramonita floridana, Stramonita
canaliculata,
Stramonita biserialis and Stramonita brasiliensis (new species
described herein).
These species are supported by reciprocal monophyly in mitochondrial gene trees,
together with independent evidence from morphology, distribution and the
nuclear gene. The species are almost entirely allopatric, with only
three instances
of sympatry. Two species have unusually wide distributions, consistent
with their
long PLD; one of these is amphi-Atlantic.