From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:47:25 -0400
It depends on what you mean by "legal".

As long as a journal publishes several paper copies at one time (not
merely print on demand) and distributes them to appropriate
repositories, it fits the minimal definition of being published for
purposes of publishing animal scientific names.  The exact number of
copies necessary is not defined.

I do not know anything about this particular publisher, but there are
some journals out there that are problematic in light of poor
standards of critical review and/or high price - pay enough and you
can get anything printed somewhere.  Therefore, it is important to
check out a publication carefully if you are considering publishing in
it or wondering whether some article actually has solid peer review.
The promised turnaround time below sounds suspiciously short for
actual peer review.

--
Dr. David Campbell
Collections Assistant