From:
Erick Staal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 19:14:33 +0200
Hello Paul,

Given that Sepia cuttlebones are quite common here on the cold North Sea
beaches, I can say with certainty that what you've found is indeed a
Sepia cuttlebone. However due to its damaged state it will be difficult
to impossible to assign it to a specific species.

Via Google you can view (at least partially) Cephalopods of the World by
Jereb and Roper. Perhaps this will help with further identification.

Sincerely, Erick