From:
Fred Schueler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2013 12:25:23 -0500
On 12/3/2013 12:14 PM, Callomon,Paul wrote:
> Yes, and when you go to a concert the musicians should just read all the
> songs out loud. That way the audience won’t be “turned off” by the
> combination of words and music. This is known as “dumbing down”.

* I once got a herp guy interested in Birds just by writing the
scientific names of the Birds we were seeing in my notes. He'd only ever
encountered birders who used English (AOU) names exclusively, and this
had turned him off Birds in general. You only show you're serious about
a taxon by "singing the song of the first-given names of the children of
the Earth."

fred.

          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad