From:
Dennis Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2015 08:12:36 -0400
Dear Kevin,

The status of families, genera, species and subspecies, changes with every new study.  The use of DNA in establishing relationships will continue to change things for years to come.
If you are looking for a source to verify the validity of species, etc. the best we have is the World Registry of Marine Species (WoRMS). It is not perfect, but it is the best that we have at present even though some valid species are not recognized based upon the opinions of individual advisors. This argument will continue into perpetuity as long as individual workers have differences of opinion with others.

Best wishes,

Dennis Sargent