From:
Joan Jass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:54:17 -0600
I am posting this message for a colleague who does not belong to the list,
so please reply to him directly.

Dear Mollusc-type people,

I am a reptile-type person working on a book on tree snakes.  As part of
the book, I will be discussing several groups of tropical arboreal snakes
which feed solely on snails & slugs.

The herpetological literature is very scanty on information on the snails
(pulmonate snail is about as good as an identification as they give, for
example). It occurs to me that there is another side to this story. I'd
like information on the ecology of these tree snails:  Population size,
biomass, diversity; and on the behavior: activity patterns, predation,
anti-predator strategies and such.  If anybody out there has a handle on
the mollusc literature and could point me to some of the more current
references and researchers, I'd be grateful.
Thanks,
Rich Sajdak