From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:35:10 +0000
Someone wrote:
> As you can see, the
> essential component of faith is belief without
> evidence, factual proof or logic.  Here's some
> other definitions:  Prejudice - judgement without
> knowledge or examination of the facts.  Irrational
> - lacking the power to  reason.  Bigot - one who
> has strong, unreasonable beliefs about others>...and other irrelevancies

Who dares insunate people with [presumably religious] faith are more often bigots and other kinds of fool than those without??? - has anyone on the list tried to ridicule your beliefs, associate them with racism and genocide (and science has also been used as an excuse for hatred - recall the bogus pseusoscientific studies racists have  used to try and justify their malice and fear!! (granted, people professing to believe in the Prince of Peace have ofen said and done some completely insane things, but by their actions they prove themselves completely false!!)??  This list is **NOT** the place to pursue "flame wars" or insult sincere people.  If i said anything further, i could  be accused of "flaming" myself, so i will draw the line here, and ask others to do the same.

In brief rebuttal, pemit me to say that people seldom acquire or maintain their faith without evidence -  in the form of dramatically changed lives, healing of various sorts, sequences of events that seem far more than coincidences, even or often Especially from a purely logical viewpoint - i could contine, and give examples, but have said enough: faith is very seldom without evidence or logic - and that is a fact, not just a theory!!
-Ross M.

--
Ross Mayhew: Schooner Specimen Shells: Http://www.schnr-specimen-shells.com
"We Specialize in the Unusual"