From:
"C. E. Pinkerton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:46:55 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, August 30, 1999 11:52 AM
Subject: Help!

>Dear all;-
>        I am going over a couple of collections for friends both living and
>dead, a task for which I am totally unsuited. But in Cincinnati, you
>takes what you can gets.
>        There is this shell labled:Phenacovolva sowerbyana Weinkauf, 1881.
I do
>not find it listed in either Rice or Poppe & Sender. My immediate
>thought is that the name is a discarded synonym.
>        Anybody know fer sure?
>        Thanks in advance.
Art..greetings...
Just learning the computer or maybe not...at any rate Pinky finds your shell
listed in
COWERIES AND THEIR RELATIVES  OF SOUTHERN AFRICA  by Wm. Rune Liltved  ,page
l39.   Appear Ovula sowerbyana might be Phenacovolva brevirostris
(Schumacher, l8l7)   Could be??  Mique Pinkerton