From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:09:09 -0600
Eduardo,

> Since I said that in this case my magazines are useless, suggestions of
> donations of my magazines are not welcome. Please I'd appreciate other
type
> of suggestions.  ;-))

So you don't want to donate your magazines, heh?  Actually, I'll bet most of
us have the same problem with maybe the exception of Harry Lee who always
seems to be able to find the reference.  Hat's off to you!!

I would think a simple, key word searchable database would;d be fairly easy
to build in something like Access.  But then you would have to enter the
article titles, authors, subject, and a synopsis every time you got a
magazine.  Not too hard to do but easy to fall behind.  Maybe I'll mess
around and see if I can come up with something.

Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend.  Ours here is sure to be nice as they
burned Zozobra last night.  For those unfamiliar...Zozobra is also known as
Old Man Gloom and every year at this time we have this huge 40 foot statue
of Zozobra erected in Santa Fe.  He has movable arms, eyes, and can talk
through very loud speakers.  Its a big fiesta and once it is dark he is set
on fire.  He waves his arms and groans loudly.  The crowd goes wild (grape
and barley help) and as Old Man Gloom burns he takes away all bad feelings,
despair, and gloom.  This lets all of us face the fall harvest and winter
months with clear hearts and good feelings.  A bit pagan but a lot of fun.

And as for the toilet paper roll, I have been trying to get my wife to
always put it on so it falls over the top for 32 years -- all to no avail.
In another 30 I might start thinking she is right...nah.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico