Sender:
From:
peta bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 17:50:42 -0300
Nancy, you wrote : Why do cowries have teeth?
They have better brushing habits then most other gastropods? Maybe so they look more menacing when attacked? If i were to
guess i would say that it makes it harder for predators to get at them.... i don't think they use them for anything , the
teeth are usually facing inward so they couldn't use them to rasp the algae or use the teeth as a tool .