Sender:
From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 18:15:13 -0400
Dear Shellers:
Enjoyed Jan's reply; his comment really made me laugh out loud.  Saying
these would be in the Compendium of Landshells is as simplistic as
saying all marine shells should be in the Compendium of Seashells.  But
land shellers are used to living in the shadow of the mariners.
When Tom Watters get on he can update generic placement, but here are a
few:

corrugatus Menke= Ptychocochlis corrugata (Menke, 1830) reference:
Torre, Bartsch and Morrison, The Cyclophorid Operculate Land Mollusks of
America, p. 82.
Aperostoma (Neocyclotus) dysoni 'cookei' Torre, Bartsch and Morrison,
1942, ibdi. p. 215
promivulus couldn't find, there is a Incerticyclus prominulus (Obbigny,
1837) Is your shell from Brazil?
The genus Turrithyra was erected by Torre and Bartsch in 1938 in The
Cuban Operculate Land Shells of the Subfamily Chondropominae.  Deceptor
was originally described by Arango as a Chondropoma.

This at least will get you started.

Alan Gettleman
Merritt Island, FL