Sender:
From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:28:56 -0400
>I will be in Tallahassee, FL later this month and I have a few hours to go
>to the beach to collect.  I would appreciate any suggestions to where the
>best collecting is so that I can maximize my time.

Jim,

There's not a lot of convenient beach collecting here, maimly because we
really don't have much in the way of beaches. St. George Island is the
nearest nice beach (about 2 hours away from Tallahassee), but I've never
found much there, though it's a nice beach. A little farther away is Mexico
Beach (maybe 2 1/2 hrs) where you'd probably do okay on a really low tide
in the early morning or even after dark with a flashlight (if you're
looking for live molluscs). If you'd like further information, feel free to
contact me directly.

Best regards,
Jim

Jim Miller