Sender:
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:14:00 -0400
7bit
From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Jenny Scarboro wrote:

> You know, gossip can be very destructive, justified or not.
>
> If we feel we must go so far as to say the seller's a crook or the
> equivalent thereof, let the audience hear the whole story and decide for
> ourselves.  Otherwise, why mention anything about the sordid affair in the
> first place?  Has there been a criminal conviction or a civil decision?  If
> not, it's slander either way you cut it, and not worthy of the fine people
> I have come to know here.
>
> I find myself with a horrible urge to know more, but to go off and whisper
> in a corner about someone -- no matter how much they might deserve it --
> doesn't seem right.  Wish this whole nasty subject had not been broached.
> Yuk.
>
> Jenny

Yes there was a conviction...but you know our courts he got probation
and a slap on the hand.
As far as slandering...if you only knew how he has treated shellers and
shell clubs and COA...you might change your mind.  I just don't want to
see anyone or any club hurt by him again.
He certainly has given a bad name to conchologists...
I do not think it is wrong to let  people know the TRUTH.
I am not gossiping...but everything the man has done is WRONG.

--
Jim & Bobbi Cordy
Specializing in Self-Collected