Sender:
From:
Peter Froehlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:03:33 -0500
Avril,

I can suggest two possibilities.

Seashells of the World, a guide to the better known species by R. Tucker
Abbott ( a golden nature guide)  my copy is copyright 1962, there may be a
newer version(s). I could not find an ISBN #

Seashells of North America - A guide to field identification.  by R Tucker
Abbott (a golden field guide)  A revised edition was published in 1986. ISBN
0-307-13657-4

To find used copies of these I would suggest websites like www.
bibliofind.com which allows you to both search for the book you want and
also enter a request for a book and will notify you when one of their
booksellers has one for sale.  (I am still waiting for a 2nd edition of
American Seashells.  Some Dutch person who wakes up earlier then I do got
the last one.  :-)  )

Beth DeHaas
Whitefield, ME
(A dutch women who knows how to be patient (stubborn?)