Sender:
From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:06:48 -0500
Hey Betty Jean:

YOU are so right.  Although most of our shelling is done in the
Bahamas....it is different every time we go.

AND right now the best shelling places.....are where we are still
allowed to shell!  Since that is becoming the biggest problem in our
hobby.

You are right -  I look for every kind of shell...and that is what makes
the hobby so interesting....Is to run across something uncommon or
unusual.    Just watching all the critters in the water is exciting.

I'll NEVER forget the octopus a couple of years ago who was trying to
pull a large
Queen Conch into his hole....The Queen Conch was obviously way too
big....but he just kept on struggling.   We called all the other
snorkelers over to watch the octopus...He was the biggest entertainment
of the day...and he was working so hard.   We watched him for quite some
time .... although we snorkled to other areas....we kept coming back to
see if he was still working at it.

I'll NEVER forget finding three Triton Trumpets laying on the floor in
the bay in a plastic bag.  Obviously, dropped off the boat of a
fisherman.  Fresh dead with opercs!   I made animals models in all of
them and tripled their value.

Those are the kind of things I remember that make areas....the best
shelling spots.

We go to the Bahamas 3-4 times a year....and every area is different
ever year. Sometimes we find lots of shells and other times we don't.

You NEVER know...it's always a surprise.

Bobbi