Sender:
From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 07:50:25 +1000
Dear all,

Brand name baby oil (about $3 a bottle) does NOT contain vegetable oil, but
is a pure mineral oil with added perfumes. I, having been conned into
buying a bottle with the birth of my first child and not having figured out
why exactly these bottles are so big, have used it on my shells for more
than 10 years (same bottle, it is now half empty). Yes, I used to live in
the tropics, too. No problems whatsoever. But I do store all my shells in
closed cupboards in clip-seal plastig bags. Prior to this, I used to apply
Vaseline (also pure mineral-oil based) to my shells with an old toothbrush,
also with no effect after 15 years. The baby oil is definitely less messy

regards

Patty

Dr. Patty Jansen

Bookshop: http://www.booksofnature.com
Publishing and info site: http://www.capricornica.com

Books of Nature
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070
Australia

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098

E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]