Sender:
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 13:23:02 -0700
From:
Burton Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Judging from your picture, the alternating patterns, banding widths, beading
and peak to diameter shell proportions would lead me to think it is
Perotrochus hirasei, provided it also has a short slit (e.g., 2.5 cm for an
9 cm shell).

It looks very closely like the P. hirasei specimen we have on hand
<http://nighthawk.tricity.wsu.edu/museum/ArcherdShellCollection/gastropoda/P
leurotomariidae.html>

-Burton