Sender:
From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 08:46:19 -0700
mark wrote:
>The pulcher is the largest
> of the conus family and is vormavorius.

Mark, I looked in my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary between voracious
and vortex but could not find vormavorius.  Is this a cone that eats vors
(whatever they are) or vorms (Helmet's version of our worms)?  Seriously,
this is the first time I have run across this word, what does it mean?
I'm guessing worms.

Second question while I've got a cone guy on tap.  I have found several
different references to the lethal cones; some say five species, others
seven.  The list I have so far is C. geographus (the infamous cone), C.
striatus, C. aulicus, C. marmoreus, and C. tulipa.  C. textile is listed
in the older references but seems to be accepted as a non-man killer
today.  Is this list correct?  This is for the paragraph on cones in my
database and I would like to have up-to-date stuff.

Thanks, and welcome back.

Tom Eichhorst