Sender:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 20:39:41 PDT
From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
homepage: (for the moment only available in German)
                     www.netwing.at/nisters/

or

Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 (-40)

Dear David,

first best greetings from Innsbruck. Please let us introduce ourselves
to you. My mother, Dr. Irmgard Nisters, 87 years, former lawyer,
and I, 45 years, former chemist, we both are responsible since
1972 for the quite small, by us well sistemated, but small shell
collection of the natural history department of the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum. This collection, which has been
damaged in 1985 by a flood desaster in great parts together
with other scientific collections, mainly contains land- and freshwater-
shells from Europe, Mediterranean sea-shells and some exotic
species (marine shells and a few land-shells). Since that time
I would enlarge the shell collection with some new material wordlwide
with self collected material from Austria and Northern Italy, as
well with donations to the museum by new friends, private collectors,
institutes and dealers, who are willing to help me.
Since I am on internet for about three monthes I always find new
persons, who I want to write for shells. As I know, that in Cuba
is very interesting material (see Compendium of landshells by
Tucker Abbott), I will ask you if you can send me some species
of Cuba to me for the museum. I only need dry material, only the
shells without animal.
There are very nice species, where I hope you can send me some

as of Fam. Annulariidae, eventually Genus Blaesospira, which
I know from the pictures but maybe very nice shells. Further I
would like some Cerionidae  and Tetrentodon species Maybe
that you can provide me Gongylostoma species (see Compendium
page 124). Also some Polymita species. All what you can offer me
is of great interest
I am willing to send you in exchange some European species,
also micro land-shells if you are interested.
I can send you Cochlostomatidae, Vertiginidae, Chondrinidae,
Clausiliidae, Hygromiidae, Helicidae (very nice Chilostoma species
etc)
Hope that you can help me with some Cuba-species

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible