Sender:
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:35:00 -1000
7bit
From:
"Wesley M. Thorsson" <[log in to unmask]>
For IHSN  (Internet Hawaiian Shell News) readers who like to print
articles, I have placed the July Features articles on line in Acrobat.
To read this you need Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, or the
late version of Netscape or Internet Explorer Browsers.

It took me 4.2 minutes to receive the features document which holds all
the articles.  During this time you see nothing but the fact that your
browser is downloading something.

However, when you have the document, you have all 36 of the feature
pages, and can get off line.  You can save the file for later reading or
printing by going to file menu and selecting "save as".

Printing takes about 30 minutes, but this is off line while you are
eating, reading, or playing with your shells.

By comparison, using the normal internet browser system (HTML), you have
to load each page, print it, and repeat for each page, which would takd
much more than 30 minutes.

The links at page bottoms do not work as this is a trial run.  They are
not needed between pages in any event as you can use acrobat's slider on
the right to move up and down a page or use the arrows on top to change
a page at a time or go to first or last page.  You can also magnify the
text and photos by using Acrobat's magnifing glass icon.  Very handy.

If you do not have Acrobat installed, you can down load Acrobat reader
from Adobe for free.  You can also get it from Steve Long's
Opisthobranch Newsletter at     http://seaslug.com  and read that good
newsletter.

I would like comments about using the Acrobat version.  For the time
being, in future months I can put both versions on line for the current
month.

The Acrobat version can be obtained at:

http://www.hits.net/~thorsson/artB/9807fea.pdf

Aloha,