Sender:
From:
Bret Raines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 19:18:34 -0800
Hello Gang,

While studying Taylor, Kantor and Sysoev (1993), (a paper which turned
everything that we thought we knew about turrids upside down), I noted
the new family name "Drilliidae Morrison, 1966", with the note (ICZN
pending). This seemed a bit strange since the name was raised from the
subfamily "Drilliinae Olsson, 1964". Then I thought that someone must
have uncovered some long forgotten error and was in the process of
correcting it. However, I also noted in a seemingly unrelated issue,
that the subfamily "Drilliinae Olsson, 1964" was recognized as a valid
name in the ICZN Opinion 2031 of Case 2710 in June 2003.

Now with all that said, my first question is, what is the true status of
"Drilliidae Morrison, 1966"? And the second, does any one know the ICZN
Opinion number and the date, if there is one?

Bret Raines