Sender:
From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 19:29:08 -0400
Hello Conch-Land,

The below request came in via Conch-Net while I was busy packing up shells
and books to take with me to Orlando for sale in the Great COA Bid Auction
-- late as usual! (If you have something super you want to donate, do
please send it -- fast! -- to Dave Green at 12307 Laneview Drive, Houston,
TX 77070-2443. He leaves for Florida on the 14th. This is your last chance
to do something charitable for the folks who bring you Conch-L -- Didn't I
slip that in cleverly? And shamelessly?) The auctioneers are going to be
that dynamic duo, Dave Green and Al Deynzer.

Can someone please help Beatrice Ritts with her quest below?  Email Pete's
address directly to her at [log in to unmask], and not back to the list,
please.

Thanks a bunch for helping. I don't know what I would do without Conch-L
on some of these inquiries that come in from the Conch-Net website!  I have
finally written up a standard essay that I mail out when people inquire
about the age/prey/enemies/value etc. of Queen Conchs, because I get those
at least twice weekly! And I wish I had a standard essay to reply to people
who write and describe a shell -- "It fits in my hand and is sort of swirly
at the top and pointy and it's tan and has some teeth-like things on the
side" --  and ask me what it is worth.

Just one more day before the 9th, and the answer to the American Seashells
Puzzle. Hs everyone solved it yet?

Lynn Scheu