Sender:
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 10:41:32 -0500
7bit
From:
makuabob <[log in to unmask]>
I haven't seen many comments yet about the .PDF version of some
of the current issue of the HAWAIIAN SHELL NEWS but I just
got some time to look through it.

It's GREAT! I'm not all that interested in the species covered but
this format is too compelling to put aside! Great photos and drawings
that can be scaled up to fill your screen is something worthwhile.
Of course, the images do get 'blocky' as you continue to magnify them
but that's expected. We'd all likes photos with sub-micron resolution...
but we're not going to get them.

All the articles were enhanced by the ease of access and
the section by Wes Thorsson and Trudi Ernst is a very good example of
the value of electronic publications as a means of documenting mollusks.

Excellent stuff! I hope we see more of it.

Aloha,

Bob Dayle (a.k.a. makuabob)