Sender:
From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 21:52:45 -0400
Dear shellers:

I have been curious about shells found 'ex pisce' or in the case of Dr.
Harry Lee of finding shells 'ex echinodermata'.  Do you cut open the
gut, are shells in various stages of decomposition, how do you go about
doing this?  Are shells like Cypraea fultoni with good color just lucky
finds of freshly eaten shells from recently caught musselcracker fish,
and are there lots more shells which the stomach acid of the fish have
badly decomposed?  Harry, please let us know a little about item 2 . . .

Alan.