Sender:
From:
worldwide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2006 21:37:58 -0400
Paul, et.al,

This is definitely Cyclophorus daraganicus Hidalgo, 1888.  The
pattern and shape are characteristic of the species.  C. prietoi has
a slightly channeled suture and tigrinus has more defined and more
numerous spiral cords.  The illustration I have in Hidalgo (1891) is
identical to Paul's shell.  Zigzag patterns in Cyclophorids are a
common occurrence; the pattern on some specimens being more sharply
defined than others.

Also note that Wolfgang's spelling "daraganicus" is correct.  An
extra "n" slipped in for the caption in Compendium.

Rich
www.worldwideconchology.com