Sender:
From:
Sven Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:07:22 +0100
Dear Vicky and others,

even though it may be not forbidden to take Strombus gigas out of the
country, it IS forbidden to enter it to several countries. Apart from
it being forbidden or not, you may want to consider that this species
is especially endangered because it takes many years for it to reach
maturity and to reproduce. I think we, who love shells, should be the
first not to buy those we know to be threatened!

Cheers,
Sven

Dr. Sven N. Nielsen

GeoForschungsZentrum (GFZ) Potsdam