Sender:
From:
Janine Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 22:47:05 +0100
Dear Eduardo,

We were in Lima last October. We went for an afternoon trip to a beach 40
kilometers south of Lima called "Playa las dos senoritas". I got about 25
different species beachcombing (some gastropods and some bivalves) nothing
spectacular but we were not there very long.

In the Indian market in Miraflores some Murex were on sale (recently picked
up still smelly and not properly cleaned but not collector stuff though, no
data). I was told that they came from Tumbes in north Peru (South of the
golfo de Guayaquil) that is to say not far from the border with Ecuador...
a bit sensitive a region.

By the way, thanks for your article on China. How was shelling in Colombia?

Best

Janine

Janine Rodgers
29 rue des Bains