Sender:
From:
Charles Geerts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:03:19 -0500
Dear Harry,
Tk U very much for following the matter.
As a matter of fact I have had the 2001 version of the book you mention
for several years on my shelves . I am so used to look at it for the
Clausillidae and sometimes the Enidae that I omitted to look at it for the
Helicidae.
The new version looks like having goods improvement. In the next( due for
when?) there will also be addional date for newly described Clausilias.
The 2001 version has indeed a good description in German of the two
Helixes.
I will check these + distributional areas asap. Also the apexes. At first
I can see no differences in specimens I have on hand. The Russian book you
first mentionned will clarify this. As for genitalia, I cannot check any
of these( beyond my capabilities). The only specimen labelled buchi I have
from Russia looks much motre like a lucorum from apex examination + shape
of aperture+ color background, etc...
Tks again. Kind regards
Charles.